Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving or Bust!!!!!

It has been a while since I have blogged but  I have been sick--yuck!
Wednesday I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my children, grandchildren and my husband.  We had roasted turkey, whole wheat bread stuffing (which disappeared, no leftovers), green beans, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, regular mashed potatoes and relish tray.  All the good food went within minutes and I still have regular mashed potatoes left.  No one realized that I had cooked a "healthy"meal.(except the regular potatoes)  On Thursday we went to my daughter-in-laws parents house and I only ate turkey.  There was plenty of food but I think that is when the worst migraine in the century started.  Woke up Friday still in bed but everything spinning.  The migraine had hit--all day I tried eating-nothing stayed down-tried reading-light hurt my eyes. So I lived in the dark ages all day.
My journey is working, I can feel a difference in my moods, energy levels and just about everything.  Those blogs that I peeked in on have given me the inspiration and I am learning to take small steps in the right direction.  I still think I am eating to much food but it is working.  Well, right now I have my youngest grandson, RJ, and mischief seems to follow him so I had better go see where he is at.  Love and Blessings to all!

2 comments:

  1. Sopunds like you had a yummy Thanksgiving. Glad you did good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! I can understand you with the migraines. I had to stay away from red meat, chocolate, caffeine and I forgot what else and it worked. I used to have a migraine for days, but with the change of my eating habits they're gone. I understand how you feel like you're eating too much, I still feel like its too much food, but you couldn't say it better seems to be working just fine. I hope you get some rest and enjoy the beginning of a new week! Blessings Dear!

    ReplyDelete