Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1.5 pounds....

Well, weighed in on Monday and I had gained 1.5 pounds in two weeks!  Been through a lot in those two weeks though.  Been in hospital with another stroke and was released on Tuesday, the 11th, and on Friday my husband was admitted for a silent heart attack!  So we entered 2011 with a BANG!!!
On this journey I have learned a lot about myself!  One thing is when I eat something I haven't eaten in a while it has a real bad affect on me!  I feel guilty.  When I had weighed in this week I almost ate a tootsie roll(my downfall-they are so good) but I talked myself out of it and had a rice cake with peanut butter and banana.  I do crave a lot of things I used to eat but I am not going to eat them.
As I have said before, When you are going through some bad things, you find out who your true friends are, and I have!  If it wasn't the support that I have gotten from friends, I honestly do not think I would of gotten this far.  So what if I have gained 1.5 pounds, next week I might lose 2 pounds or the 1.5 that I gained.  I know who is guiding me through this!
Love to all and one day I will figure out how to look at other blogs!  When you get my age you know the technical mind is the first to go!!!

3 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right Dawn. I know how hard you're working to lose that weight. So a pound and a half gain--nothing. Things will get better. Just wait. Fawn's coming on the 6th. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, we'll always be here for you. For anything! Let the Lord guide you through your journey. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, my prayers are with you and your husband. You're doing a good job on this journey, it isn't about a number, you have made some great choices on healthy eating habits. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete