Monday, February 21, 2011

"Oh the weather outside is frightful, but my weigh in wasn't delightful.....

Okay, my weigh in wasn't the best but it wasn't my worst either.  I gained 1/2 a pound but, no excuses, I have been on steroids for a week now due to pneumonia.  Next week better!
My little bit of wisdom this week is: It's all about getting the hang of things. Easy does it; take it easy.   You'll figure everything out in time.  But for right now, just keep trying.  Pay attention and avoid the temptations to go further than you're ready.  Talk less.  And listen more.
Also, I made some amazing chicken the other day. Took 6 pieces of any part of the chicken (I used drumsticks and thighs) 2 tbsp. of olive oil 2 tsp. Paprika, 1 1/2 tsp. crushed Rosemary leaves, 1 tsp. minced Garlic, and 1/2 tsp. coarse ground Black Pepper.  Tossed everything together with some cut up sweet potatoes and put them in the oven at 425 for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.  Man was it good.  Loved the spices.  Still experimenting with everything.  Don't forget to line your pan with foil and spray it with a non-stick cooking spray!
Love to all!

3 comments:

  1. mmmm... sounds good -and the part above that - so proud of your grown in this lifestyle. Everyone will get there we all have. Keep it up Miss Dawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A half a pound is nothing--and with steroids to boot. Plus you had a really good week last week. You're doing great and I'm super proud of how hard you're working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dawn, you make me smile big : )

    ReplyDelete